MAPLE ACE INC. (hereinafter "we". “us”, “our” or “Maple Ace”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our products may be accessed at http://www.mapleace.com. The products may also be located on or accessible from third-party websites and/or applications. You can browse and purchase our goods and products on the Website and we will coordinate the shipment and delivery of ordered items.
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
When you open the Website, our servers automatically record information that your browser or device sends. This data may include, in addition to the above, information such as your device's location, browser and device name and version, operating system type and version, language preferences, the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Website, pages of the Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on the Website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
You can access and use the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. If, however, you wish to use some of the features on the Website, you may be asked to provide certain Personal Information (for example, your name and e-mail address). We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us when you create an account, publish content, make a purchase, or fill any online forms on the Website. When required, this information may include the following:
- Personal details such as name, country of residence, etc.
- Contact information such as phone number, email address, address, etc.
- Account details such as username, unique user ID, password, etc.
- Geolocation data such as latitude and longitude.
- Certain features on the mobile device such as contacts, calendar, gallery, etc.
We may also collect and store the following personal information:
- Traffic or clickstream data: Data about traffic and usage is not personally identifying or identifiable, and is not supplemented or combined with personally identifying or identifiable information. Maple Ace may share information it collects with certain selected third parties, but only in aggregated, anonymous form. For example, we may tell an advertiser that a certain number of people are purchasing a certain item. We may collect some information regarding use of the Website by observing browser functions and the files (pages) members or users and visitors access. For example, Maple Ace servers may collect information about the site from which you entered to enable Maple Ace to calculate and pay its affiliates, information about the most frequently searched terms to help its advertisers provide the most relevant search results, information about usage to check for fraudulent behaviour or other abnormalities and to ensure that our services and Website are technically superior. In addition to the foregoing applications, Maple Ace may use the information (in aggregate form) to better design the Website and offer services.
- financial information such as credit card information or bank account information, as well as any other information that you provide through our Website;
- If you contact us, we could save and preserve this correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys used for research purposes, although you do not have to answer. Your answers to these surveys can be linked to your account and can be saved in our files;
- Billing and other information you provide by through our Website;
- Other information from the use of our site, services, content, including without limitation, location data, blogs, and other communication data and resources available to you , that this is necessary for billing purposes or otherwise.
Some of the information we collect is directly from you via the Website. However, we may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers, and our joint marketing partners. Personal Information we collect from other sources may include demographic information, such as age and gender, device information, such as IP addresses (please refer to section below) location, such as city and state, and online behavioral data, such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links. You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the features on the Website. Users who are uncertain about what information is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor, ChannelAdvisor Corp, Moneris Solutions Corporation and Auctane LLC d/b/a ShipStation.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Information collected automatically is used only to identify potential cases of abuse and establish statistical information regarding the usage and traffic of the Website. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Website without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through the Website, please contact us. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your Personal Information in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
Storing your Personal Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, Maple Ace has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online.
You are responsible for keeping the password, which you were issued or that you have chosen, and allows you to access certain features of our Website, confidential. You should not share this password with anyone.
Sharing and using Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We share your Personal Information to process orders transaction with Moneris Solutions Corporation and with ChannelAdvisor Corp to full your order and Auctane LLC d/b/a ShipStation to ship your orders.
In order to make the Wesbite available to you, or to meet a legal obligation, we may need to collect and use certain Personal Information. Our collection of Personal Information aims to offer you a unique, satisfactory, safe and effective personalized experience. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services. Any of the information we collect from you may be used for the following purposes:
- Create and manage user accounts
- Fulfill and manage orders
- Deliver products
- Improve products and services
- Send marketing and promotional communications
- Respond to inquiries and offer support
- Improve our services, the Website, and user experience
- Post customer testimonials
- Deliver targeted advertising
- Enforce terms and conditions and policies
- Protect from abuse and malicious users
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- Run and operate the Website
Furthermore, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Ensure that content on our Website is presented to you in the most effective way;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request or those we think may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- Meet our obligations arising from the products offered on or through our Website;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features that we offer, when you choose to do so;
- Administer your account, conduct user analysis, display user targeting content;
- Inform you about changes to our Services.
Processing your Personal Information depends on how you interact with the Website, where you are located in the world and if one of the following applies: (i) you have given your consent for one or more specific purposes; ; (ii) provision of information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof; (iii) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject; (iv) processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us; (v) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
Note that under some legislations we may be allowed to process information until you object to such processing (by opting out), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases below. In any case, we will be happy to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
We may also use your data or allow third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We or these third parties may contact you about these products and services by mail or by telephone. If you are an old or existing user, we will contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) for services or products similar to those you have requested or ordered on our Website. We may also contact you by telephone for customer satisfaction surveys.
You understand your mobile service provider may apply charges to SMS messages we send. Therefore, you hereby warrant that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device you use to subscribe to the SMS service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges. Your mobile operator and/or other service providers may also collect data regarding the use of your wireless device, and their practices are governed by their own privacy policies.
We will disclose information identifiable about visitors, users and members to our advertisers, including general information about our visitors, users and members (for example, we may inform our advertisers that 100 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertising on a given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women living in a defined area). We could make use of your personal information to allow us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to a targeted audience.
Maple Ace may share information with companies who work on our behalf to provide certain services, such as email processing and delivery and conducting research and analysis. Except as otherwise provided by applicable legislation, these companies are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose or from sharing this information with other companies.
Contact information provided in connection with problems, comments or requests is used only to respond to those problems, comments or requests. This information is not stored or used in connection with traffic or clickstream data and is provided to a third party only as necessary to respond to the comment, problem or request. Finally, you may choose to provide contact information, other Personal Information, and demographic information in order to participate in optional surveys, which are run for promotional purposes. Maple Ace may use such information to send you information about its products and services. Finally, from time to time, Maple Ace may provide certain of its members’ registration information to selected third parties who wish to participate in special promotions offered in conjunction with our Website. You may opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of Canada to an organization which has put in place adequate safety measures.
Billing and Payment
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We may display online advertisements and we may share aggregated and non-identifying information about our customers that we or our advertisers collect through your use of the Website. We do not share personally identifiable information about individual customers with advertisers. In some instances, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements to the intended audience.
We may also permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on the Website. These companies may deliver ads that might place cookies and otherwise track user behavior. Maple Ace may use other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information gathering technologies to gather information about your behavior on our Website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. These companies may also use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements on this Website and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
You are able to delete certain Personal Information we have about you. The Personal Information you can delete may change as the Website changes. Notwithstanding the above, When you delete Personal Information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised Personal Information in our records for the duration necessary to comply with our obligations to our affiliates and partners, and for the purposes described below. If you would like to delete your Personal Information or permanently delete your account, you can do so by contacting us.
We will retain and use your Personal Information for as long as your account is active and for the period necessary to provide the services and products through our Website, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
Disclosure of Information
As necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested, we may contract with other companies and share your information with our trusted third parties that work with us, any other affiliates , subsidiaries and any member of your group, which we rely upon to assist in the operation of the Website available to you. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We may share your Personal Information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to Personal Information. These third parties are given Personal Information they need only in order to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose Personal Information for their own marketing or other purposes.
We will disclose any Personal Information we collect, use or receive if required or permitted by law, such as to valid legal proceedings, such as subpoenas, search warrants and court orders, to respond legal requirements, to enforce our laws or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or in other circumstances as provided by applicable legislation.
We will disclose any Personal Information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations to prevent fraud.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the seller or potential purchaser of the said business or assets. Your user account and Personal Information will be among the assets transferred;
- If Maple Ace, the Website or substantial part of Maple Ace’s assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us about our visitors, users and customers Personal Information will be one of the transferred assets;
- These third parties’ the use of your Personal Information will be governed by new privacy policies and by the services they provide.
When you disclose your Facebook, Gmail or other account email address and password to the Website, the Website will only use such information to (i) add you to our Facebook group or other social media account(s) and (ii) invite your Facebook friends (and contact on another social media accounts) to join the said Facebook group or other social media account(s). All such transmissions using your accounts and passwords are automatically performed over a secure, encrypted connection. The Website does not store your password(s).
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about Maple Ace and/our Website, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Website. Maple Ace stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following: (i) you have the right to withdraw consent, where you have previously given your consent, to the processing of your information; (ii) you have the right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing; (iiii) you have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected; (iv) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it; and (v) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information from us. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof. You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting our Privacy Department by going to the "Contact Us” section.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
The Website uses "cookies" to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We may collect other information, including information about your computer and your connection, the page display statistics on incoming and outgoing traffic sites, ad data, IP address, operating system and type of browser in order to provide system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about the actions and behavior of our visitors and their browsing habits. The goal is not to identify a particular individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and provide better service. They enable us:
- Analyze the traffic on our website, customize our products and services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and estimate the size of our audience and their use;
- Store information about your preferences, and allow us to customize our site according to your personal interests and needs;
- Accelerate your search on our website;
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
Used in connection with access to admin.
Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
Used in connection with shopping cart.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with checkout.
Used in connection with customer login.
Used in connection with customer login.
Used to facilitate updating customer account information.
Reporting and Analytics
Track landing pages
Track landing pages
Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Links to other sources
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to the Website from time to time in our discretion and will notify you of any material changes to the way in which we treat Personal Information. We may also provide notice to you in other ways in our discretion, such as through contact information you have provided. Any updated version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Website after the effective date of the revised Policy (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
Acceptance of this Provacy Policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use the Website.
In case you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the following address: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3, by phone at 1-800 -282-1376 or online at www.priv.gc.ca.
This document was last updated on November 25, 2021.